DHS to host cybersecurity industry day
On August 1, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security posted a cybersecurity day invitation. RSVPs are due by 1:00 p.m. Eastern on August 15, and the event will take place on August 16.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), will host an Industry Day in the Washington, DC area on August 16, 2018. The theme for this year is “Partnering for a More Secure Cyberspace.”
In its ongoing efforts to increase transparency with industry, the DHS CS&C Industry Day will provide industry with updates on the following areas:
NPPD CS&C goals for the Industry Day Event include:
- DHS NPPD CS&C mission, vision, and priorities updates.
• Top mission priorities, capability, challenges, technology needs, and procurement opportunities.
• Existing or upcoming procurements, and future initiatives.
• Obtain a better understanding of recent industry developments related to cybersecurity environment.
• Acquire strategies to effectively communicate with the cyber security industry.
• Collaborate with industry on how to better do business with DHS.
The format will feature a general session from NPPD,CS&C Leadership, and the DHS Chief Procurement Officer, a discussion with CS&C Division Leaders and Office of Procurement Operations & Office of Selective Acquisition Leadership, followed by three breakout sessions. The breakout sessions will be an opportunity for government and industry to share knowledge and experience. The topics include:
o Technical Roadmap
o Cloud Migration
o Evolution of the .Gov Security
o CDM Updates
o Election Security
o Automation & Orchestration
Every individual must pre-register to attend this event. There is no cost to attend this event; however, space is limited to the first 500 registrants. There will be no lodging provided or refreshments served at this event. Space for breakout sessions is also limited to 250 individuals per breakout session; therefore, we recommend you register early!
Full information is available here.