USMC issues RFQ for Programs and Resources Data Platform and Analyses
On February 8, the United States Marine Corps issued a request for quotations for its Programs and Resources Data Platform and Analyses requirement (Solicitation Number: M95494-19-Q-0005). Quotes are due by 1:00 p.m. on March 4.
The Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources (DC P&R), as part of a broader strategy, requires advanced data and analytics capabilities to address key questions related to Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE). DC P&R specifically requires
(1) a proven strategic intelligence analytics platform that the Contractor will use to
(2) aggregate, rationalize, analyze, and visualize Department of Defense (DoD), Marine Corps and publicly available data and information to provide decision support to senior leaders, and
(3) a framework that includes training and education to replicate advanced analytic methods in order to assist the Marine Corps in developing a repeatable process (i.e., an organic Government capability built from training and education and integrated work between Government and vendor).
The Contractor shall conduct a series of analytic projects. The goal of each project is to explore, rationalize, analyze, and visualize data, using data science and other advanced analytic techniques to understand resource execution and inform decision making across a number of domains. For all projects, the Contractor shall conduct a people, process, and technology assessment based on a framework that will be provided by the Government. The Marine Corps is currently developing this framework as part of the Data Cross-Functional Team efforts under the Deputy Commandant for Information. Delivery of the fully defined framework is anticipated in the April timeframe.
- Employ a proven strategic intelligence analytics platform to aggregate, rationalize, analyze, and visualize DoD, Marine Corps and publicly available data and information.
- Analyze DoD, Marine Corps and publicly available data and information employing advanced analytic (“Big Data”) techniques for data storage, data processing (to include data cleansing), data mining, Machine Learning, rationalization, and visualization.
- Employ a government-directed framework to analyze the data and information necessary to complete the analytic projects outlined in Section 6, as impacted by people, process, and technology.
- Establish a framework for an organic Marine Corps capability: a) Develop a plan for training and education to institutionalize advanced analytic methods and strategic intelligence platform use. b) Employ a Contractor / Government teaming approach to ensure integrated process, efforts, and products that result in a documented framework.
- Produce insights and recommended changes in support of PPBE process reform (improvements).
- Define and document business rules used to store, process, mine, rationalize, visualize, and analyze all data and information for each project.
Full information is available here.