SSC Pacific is issuing a new RFP for emerging cryogenic devices, electronics and systems
On December 14, SSC Pacific issued a notice of intent to issue a new RFP for the Emerging Cryogenic devices, electronics and Systems Program (N66001-16-R-0062). This will be a 100% small business set-aside.
The Department of the Navy, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, Pacific (SSC Pacific) intends to issue Request for Proposal (RFP) No. N66001-16-R-0062 for the award of a Multiple Award Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) type contract to provide support for the Emerging Cryogenic devices, electronics and Systems Program. Capability requirements will include systems acquisition support, project management, systems engineering, integration, systems requirements analysis, planning, basic research, development, evaluation, and implementation directly related to emerging cryogenic technology for both current and future systems.
These efforts include the following:
(1) Research and development of Cryogenic Radio Frequency (RF) systems including signal detection, conditioning, conversion, processing and storage in the analog, mixed and digital domains;
(2) Research and exploratory developmental efforts involving advanced cryogenic RF chain components (e.g., RF filters, RF amplifiers, etc.), advanced cryogenic signal processing components (e.g., DACs and ADCs), and advanced cryogenic core digital and quantum memory technologies for military RF receiver systems, including, but not limited to, Tactical Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) Systems;
(3) Research and exploratory developmental efforts involving emerging cryogenic RF technologies exploiting Superconducting Quantum Interference Device (SQUID) configured as RF arrays;
(4) Research and development of the design and production of a small scale cryogenic packaging system operating at or below 77K on which cryogenic sensor package can be mounted for use in the direct detection of incident electromagnetic radiation; and
(5) Research and Development for Tactical SIGINT Technology and other military system platforms.
Full information is available here.