MTN Government unveils new advisory board
The new board includes U.S. Marine Corps Major General George Allen (retired); U.S. Air Force Lieutenant General Albert “Al” Edmonds (retired); Blu Venture Investors co-founder James Hunt; U.S. Army Major General N. Lee Price (retired); and U.S. Air Force Brigadier General Thomas Verbeck (retired).
The board will be charged with providing advice and guidance on MTNGOV’s overall business strategy and key development initiatives.
“Since the early 1980s, MTN has been a technology innovator — evolving from a satellite communications (SATCOM) provider to a full-service integrator of advanced and mobile communications, cybersecurity, ISR and intelligence solutions serving U.S. DoD and civilian agencies worldwide,” said Peg Grayson, president of MTNGOV. “We are fortunate to work with such an esteemed group of military and intelligence community leaders. We will have the benefit of their field-tested advice and counsel to ensure that our satellite, cyber/intelligence and ISR programs are meeting the present and future needs of the U.S. and Allied Nation Governments.”
- Lt. Gen. Albert “Al” Edmonds (ret.), USAF brings more than 40 years of experience as a notable figure in the DoD and government technology communities. Before retiring from the military, he was the USAF director of the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) and manager of the National Communications System. He was president of Electronic Data Systems Corporation’s (EDS), now HP, government unit, and was a senior advisor for technology for Dimensions International.
- Maj. Gen. George Allen (ret.), USMC served as director of plans and policy for the U.S. Cyber Command, where he established plans and policy initiatives in support of the DoD’s new cyber directives. Previously Gen. Allen served as director for Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) and deputy DON chief information officer (DDCIO), during which he overhauled the USMC C4 architecture by modernizing its fleet of more than $2 billion in SATCOM, networking systems and other communications-electronics equipment.
- Maj. Gen. N. Lee S. Price (ret.), USA draws on 38 years of military experience as a decorated retired officer for the U.S. Army. General Price broke barriers as the first female to serve as Program Executive Officer for Command Control Communications-Tactical (PEO C3T), where she was responsible for managing upwards of $5 billion in annual funding to acquire, sustain and support the networked mission command solutions and specialized applications for tactical forces.
- Brig. Gen. Thomas Verbeck (ret.), USAF has more than 38 years of extraordinary operational and technical leadership experience, both in the USAF and business, leading multi-military service and business organizations successfully. He has led multiple tasks at multiple levels (politically and technically) in air and communications/information and IT operations — around the globe — in more than 92 countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia and supported Department of State (DOS) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Brig. Gen. Verbeck was the first J3 (director of Operations) for Cyber Operations at a U.S. Combatant Command.
- James Hunt, co-founder of Blu Venture Investors, brings a wealth of technical and business expertise as a successful entrepreneur and angel investor, having founded several of the largest government contractor and software companies, including Ernst & Young Technologies, BDS and Price Waterhouse’s System Integration (SI) practice. He sits on the board of six technology companies and has helped build more than two dozen companies over the past 20 years.
The MTNGOV Advisory Board held its first official meeting this month and will be holding subsequent meetings on a quarterly basis.