JSOC posts Capability and Technology Interest Items
On March 14, the Department of Defense posted 2019 JSOC Capability and Technology Interest Items and Planned Events. Responses are due by 5:00 p.m. Eastern on April 12.
The Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) has
assembled two (2) versions of Special Operations Forces (SOF) Capability and
Technology Interest Items: a SECRET listing and a subset at the UNCLASSIFIED
level. The lists will be available for release to Industry, Academia, and
National Labs in May 2019. JSOC will follow up the release of the Capability
and Technology Interest Items with two events:
1. Appropriate personnel will be available this year at the 2019 SOF Industry Conference (SOFIC) 2019, 20-23 May 2019 in Tampa, FL to discuss JSOC UNCLASSIFIED Capability and Technology Interest Items during the Program Executive Office – SOF Warrior (PEO-SW) briefing sessions. Exact times/locations for PEO-SW conference sessions are TBD, but will be available at: http://www.sofic.org.
2. JSOC will participate in the PEO-SW annual SOF Warrior Operational Requirements Discussion Symposium (SWORDS) event to be held in the October/November 2019 timeframe. This will be a by invitation only event for selected Industry partners to present solutions to SOCOM and JSOC representatives.
The JSOC mission is to conduct studies; training; exercises; research, development, testing, and evaluation; and acquisition and procurement to ensure interoperability among SOF, general purpose forces, and interagency and foreign partners. JSOC has assigned and attached subordinate units and may deploy to support Geographic Combatant Commander’s training, exercises, activities, and operations.
It is JSOC’s desire to inform and influence industry’s internal investment decisions in areas that address SOF’s most sensitive and urgent interest areas. Many in industry have expertise, capacity, funding, and a desire to better understand and invest in SOF unique interest areas.
JSOC’s Capability and
Technology Interest Items listing includes multiple interest items in each of
the following categories:
1. Advanced Analytics (AA)
2. Breaching (BR)
3. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosives (CBRNE)
5. Electronic Warfare (EW)
6. Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD)
7. Fire Support (FS)
8. Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)
9. Knowledge Management (KM)
11. Power and Energy (P&E)
12. Situational Awareness (SA)
13. Soldier Survival (SS)
14. Target Engagement (TE)
15. Other Need Areas
JSOC plans to provide Industry representatives with several engagement options including, but not limited to, submitting responses to the SOCOM Broad Area Announcement (BAA), submitting applications to participate in SOCOM Technical Experimentation (TE) events, Vendor Loan Agreements (VLA), and entering into a Collaborative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with SOCOM/JSOC.
Full information is available here.