DIA posts NMEC language exploitation RFI
On November 3, the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) released a request for information (RFI) for nonpersonal services to support the Language Exploitation Branch, National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC), DIA. Questions are due by November 23, and responses are due by 4:00 p.m. Eastern on December 28.
It is the Virginia Contracting Activity (VACA) intent to obtain information in the form of capability statements pertaining to the state of the industry for providing the below Scope of Work tasks. All functions shall take place at the NMEC or at other locations at the discretion of NMEC management.
Responses to this RFI will be assessed to identify sources that are considered best qualified to meet future requirements. Best qualified sources are those sources which demonstrate the greatest depth and breadth of skills, experiences and knowledge relevant to the mission, goals, and objectives of the VACA.
The VACA’s Request For Proposal (RFP) will establish requirements for the award of a nonpersonal services Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee type contract for support in the following areas:
- Identification of possible intelligence derived from collected Foreign Language data (Analytic skills)
- Triage and exploitation of data, media, and documents per customer requirements
- Database management, usage, and population for translations and products
- Foreign language translation, including gisting, summaries, and full translations
- Human Language Technology (HLT) support § Reporting of intelligence information found in foreign language material including serialized reports (e.g. IIRs)
- Translation management and workflow support
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance measures documentation against tasks
This possible contract will define specific support to be provided for each of the above services. This support will include on-site work primarily in Bethesda, Maryland, but may include work assignments at other locations, based on the needs of the government to include possible deployment.
The right opportunity can be worth millions. Don’t miss out on the latest IC-focused RFI, BAA, industry day, and RFP information – subscribe to IC News today.