Corporate, military and government communications officers to assemble at the 6th National Summit on Strategic Communications
Some of the country’s top communications and public affairs officers will engage at the 6th National Summit on Strategic Communications, May 4-5, 2015 at the Washington Plaza Hotel, in Washington, DC. More than 100 leaders and CEOs from corporate, military and government communications, public relations and public affairs will identify and discuss strategies which enhance engagement and share best practices to improve communication.
The Strategic Summit, held annually in Washington, DC and London, draws high marks from speakers and delegates alike.
Croatia’s new President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, who participated in the 5th Strategic Summit as NATO Assistant Secretary General, said: “Sitting in the National Summit on Strategic Communications, I have truly been inspired by so much of what has been said. As someone who has been working very intensely in communications and in international organizations, I’ve learned a lot throughout these two days. I hope that this Summit continues and grows.”
“Global business is enabled through effective communication, and the pace of change demands redefinition of engagement,” said Robert Grupp, Summit Director and chair of the non-profit Strategic Communications Leadership Initiative. “The communications and public affairs professional must become a hybrid — a business and organization leader overflowing with out-of-the-box ideas and strategic, creative thinking — able to apply predictive analysis to those ideas, drawing from the heart and the head.”
Featured speakers include:
- David Weaver, Associate Administrator for Communications, NASA
- Roger Frizzell, SVP and Chief Communications Officer, CARNIVAL CORPORATION
- Susan Phalen, Communications Director (2011-2015), Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
- Haru Hirate, Corporate Officer, SVP, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LIMITED
- Jaime Pham, Content Marketing Consultant, LINKEDIN CORPORATON
- Col. Steve Warren, Director of Defense Press Operations, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- Carmen Middleton, Director, Open Source Center, CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
- Jay DeFrank, Vice President, Communications and Government Relations, PRATT & WHITNEY
SOURCE National Summit on Strategic Communications