Army issues RFI for the Persistent Surveillance System of Systems (PSDS2)
On July 20, the Army Contracting Command issued the following RFI for the Persistent Surveillance System of Systems (PSDS2) (Solicitation Number: W56KGY-15-R-0032). Interested vendors should respond within 15 days.
The US Army Program Executive Office Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S) in support of Product Manager Electro Optical and Infrared Payloads (PM EOIR) is conducting a market survey to identify potential industry sources capable of providing engineering, engineering support, logistics, configuration management and acquisition of spares of the PSDS2 system.
This Request for Information (RFI) is for planning purposes only; this is not a request for Quotations or Proposals. No solicitation document exists and a formal solicitation may or may not be issued by the Government as a result of the responses to this RFI. The Government will not be liable for payment of any response preparation expenses nor does the Government intend to pay for the information submitted to this response. The interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary or competition sensitive information contained in their response.
PSDS2 is a Full Motion Video (FMV) system and architecture that ingests video from sensors into a centralized location to support persistent surveillance, video exploitation, dissemination and archiving. PSDS2 is a Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) that has been fielded since 2005.
Raytheon, a large business and the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the PSDS2 and current provider of Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) engineering; maintenance; hardware and software support; configuration management; field support; repair parts and procurement, and integration support. The OEM has ownership of the Technical Data Package (TDP).
The Government is attempting to identify potential sources capable of meeting the following requirements in support of the fielded PSDS2 systems:
1) The source will be required to provide engineering support for the PSDS2 system hardware and software/firmware.
2) Provide ongoing operations and sustainment support for currently fielded systems in CENTCOM area of operation.
3) The source will provide logistics and configuration management for the PSDS2 systems. This includes the materials to update, maintain and sustain the PSDS2 system.
4) The source will provide training to contractor, military and government personnel on sustainment of the PSDS2 systems.
5) The source will manage the inventory of the PSDS2 systems and maintain a parts inventory that is adequate to support a system Operational Availability (Ao) of 85 percent.
Interested vendors are required to provide an approach as to how to meet the above requirements.
The planned acquisition is an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract with a 3 year ordering period. The Government anticipates contract award 2QFY16. The contract will be Cost-Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Firm Fixed Price (FFP).
Written responses to the market survey as a potential source of the described support are due within fifteen (15) days of posting.
Full information is available here.