Army cancels S/SVT Industry Day
On January 20, the U.S. Army posted an update about the Synthetic Training Environment: Solider/Squad Virtual Trainer (S/SVT) Industry Day.
The S/SVT Industry Day, scheduled to occur on January 22 & 23, 2018, is hereby cancelled due to the Government shut down. Please continue to monitor www.FBO.gov for further updates and announcements related to the S/SVT effort.
The Army lacks an integrated Soldier and Squad simulation training capability for close combat, multi-domain battle in diverse complex operational environments. Moreover, there are virtual training shortfalls for qualification and certification of precision targeting with precision munitions, replication and integration of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and counter UAS operations, as well as the conduct and clearance of fires and airspace de-confliction. The Army seeks to develop the next generation virtual training capability through the S/SVT effort to fill those gaps and advance weapons skill development, call for fire, and use of force training.
To address the gaps identified above, the Army/USMC requires a scalable, transportable, Soldier/squad close combat simulation trainer that provides:
– Realistic and tailorable OE and Acceptable equipment form, fit, and function that allows squad dismounted operations
– Provides training at the Point of Need
– Scalable from the individual to squad
– Software engine agnostic
– Intelligent tutor that captures and builds upon each repetition to accelerate skill acquisition
– Provides user feedback/AAR capability
– Soldier enabled capability that reduces overall setup time for increased training throughput
Full information is available here.