USMC posts TSOA support services sources sought
On July 3, the U.S. Marine Corps posted a sources sought notice for Tactical Systems Oriented Architecture (TSOA) Contractor Support Services. Responses are due by 2:00 p.m. Eastern on July 19.
The Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity (MCTSSA) provides technical and engineering support services to the Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC). MCTSSA’s Program & Engineering Support Group (PESG) Command and Control (C2) Domain directly supports the efforts undertaken primarily by MCSC’s Portfolio Manager, Command Element Support (PfM CES). The most active effort within the C2 Domain is the support provided to the Tactical Systems Oriented Architecture (TSOA) Program Management Office (PMO), which involves testing and engineering support for the TSOA Combat Operations Center, Command and Control Software Package (CC2SWP), Command and Control Server Side – Standardized Application Environment (C2S2-SAE), and the Marine Corps Software Resource Center (MCSRC) software baselines. These components must be integrated and tested with other Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems and applications that reside within the C4I programs supported by PESG.
Specific Support Requirements. General capability requirements to support MCTSSA’s TSOA are listed below:
- Integrate TSOA Geospatial Server Prototype – MCTSSA has been tasked to integrate components of a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) geospatial platform on Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) to deliver a geospatial server prototype for the TSOA CC2SWP software baseline. Software delivery includes a fully-integrated software package that meets system requirements, and system documentation: Interface Change Manual (ICM), System Acquisition Management (SAM), Software Design Document (SDD), Software Product Specification (SPS), Software User’s Manual (SUM), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and system testing procedures.
- Army Data Dissemination System (ADDS) Connector Prototype Development – MCTSSA develops a software interface for TSOA that communicates directly with the system that handles data dissemination for US Army C4I systems. This software must also be delivered with the documentation and testing specified above.
- Automated Test Procedure Development – MCTSSA leverages automated testing capabilities developed by Naval Research Labs (NRL) to execute automated test threads for integration testing of the TSOA Geospatial Server and the ADDS Connector as well as test threads for testing the CC2SWP and C2S2SAE within an environment representative of a Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Combat Operations Center (COC).
- Systems Interoperability Testing – MCTSSA has the responsibility of testing the TSOA software in a MAGTF COC representative environment which includes an array of C4I systems integrated and configured to communicate as per individual system requirements. Information exchanges between these systems and TSOA must be tested for data fidelity and accuracy. Services provided by TSOA should be evaluated for User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) conducive of and consistent with MAGTF C4I TTPs.
- TSOA Data Schema Development – MCTSSA has the charter to oversee the Schema Working Group (SWG) and data schema development for the Service Oriented Infrastructure (SOI) and the interfaces that exchange information with connecting systems. MCTSSA personnel provide quality control on data schema submitted to the TSOA PMO for connecting systems interfaces and develops new schema as a software deliverable.
Help Desk support – MCTSSA maintains an operating forces help desk. If the nature of the trouble call is deemed appropriate, the Contractor shall participate in efforts related to resolving Tier II Help Desk support requests for the currently fielded TSOA applications. MCTSSA contract and Government engineers provide on-site technical support to USMC operating forces for field exercises, as requested by participating units.
Full information is available here.