NGA seeks Epitome support
On January 10, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) posted a request for information for Epitome support services. Responses are due by 4:00 p.m. Eastern on February 9.
NGA, in support of the NGA Source Directorate, Information Office is seeking information relevant to high resolution softcopy imagery digitized from the NGA historical hard copy film archives.
The purpose of this Request for Information (RFI) is to probe industry to identify interested sources and to gain information on practices and capabilities for NGA’s library support services to maintain the film holdings used to satisfy customer requests at DIA HQ, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling Washington, DC.
The NGA is exploring a requirement for library support services to maintain the film holdings used to satisfy customer requests at DIA HQ, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling Washington, DC. Library maintenance functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate bar codes for each can of film located in the library
- Input information about film cans and associated bar codes into local databases
- Validate film availability for incoming work requests
- Clean film using appropriate equipment prior to releasing it to scanning operators
- Inspect film for rips or tears
- Perform minor repairs to film
- Report metrics in accordance with ST requirements
- Update information in Historical Imagery Digitization Service (HIDS) and monitor all HIDS websites for new requests
- Track film (checking film cans in/out of library) Retrieve film to satisfy user orders
- Pack/unpack /shelve/inventory film following all security policies
- Provide customer service for associated film library support functions
- Query databases for film records
- Order film from internal and external partners to satisfy user digitization requests
- De-spool film for final disposition, sanitize reels and film cans when required
- Perform general housekeeping of film library areas and equipment (vacuum/sweep around work areas, dust/clean film cans prior to distribution to operators, remove debris and trash from film library
- Redact original negative and/or duplicate film in support of NGA’s declassification projects and splice in spacer film indicating an image has been excised
- Retire and ascension film appropriately and in accordance with records management policies
Review NGA’s full Epitome RFI.
The right opportunity can be worth millions. Don’t miss out on the latest IC-focused RFI, BAA, industry day, and RFP information – subscribe to IC News today.