NGA issues 2023 call for GEOINT Hall of Fame nominations
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is accepting nominations for the 2023 class of the Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Hall of Fame. Nominations are due February 16, NGA announced January 18.
The Geospatial Intelligence Hall of Fame recognizes U.S. persons and/or allied partners who have made significant and transformative contributions to NGA, one of the NGA heritage organizations or the GEOINT discipline.
The contributions of those nominated should be clearly recognizable as having changed the direction and scope or increased the value of GEOINT for national decision makers, military commanders or other NGA customers and partners. Nominees must meet at least one of the following selection criteria to be eligible:
- Demonstrated significant accomplishments at NGA or one if its heritage organizations
- Demonstrated an accomplishment that transformed the GEOINT tradecraft or NGA operations
- Demonstrated a legacy of leadership that exemplifies NGA traditions and core values
- Provided a significant GEOINT contribution during a national security crisis
- Contributed to a technological or analytic innovation that provided greater geospatial understanding to the U.S. government
- Made a significant personal sacrifice in the accomplishment of the NGA mission
- Demonstrated significant support that greatly enhanced the NGA mission for individuals from other U.S. government entities, commercial vendors or foreign governments
Current federal employees or individuals in a related paid activity are not eligible to receive the Hall of Fame Award. U.S. citizens must have concluded their federal service or related paid activity for at least two years before their nomination to the Hall of Fame.
Start 2023 ahead of the competition with a paid subscription to IC News. You’ll get full access to our searchable archive of 10,000+ articles, plus new articles each weekday.