Lockheed Martin transforms training and logistics business
Bethesda, MD-based Lockheed Martin announced on November 28 a refocusing of their Training and Logistics Systems (TLS) business at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC).
Lockheed Martin is leveraging core components of the most advanced and proven solutions across its training and logistics portfolio to drive scalable capabilities to the market. By deriving solutions from a core repository of highly complex technical data that sets a baseline for training and logistics products, Lockheed Martin will increase efficiency and save millions of dollars in engineering, development and proposal costs, which will allow the company to provide more predictable performance for customers while becoming more cost-competitive.
“We are restructuring our approach to better leverage internal resources to bring greater innovation and affordability to the market,” said Dave Scott, vice president of business development for Lockheed Martin Training and Logistics Solutions. “We continuously analyze our operations to ensure we are positioned to deliver the most reliable, sustainable and affordable solutions to our customers.”
Lockheed Martin’s existing training and logistics products will now fall within five areas:
- SciosView™ –Integrated suite of proven logistics products providing full mission data support for air, land, and sea platforms.
- SciosTrain™ – Platform-based virtual training systems that employ advanced technologies to accelerate operational proficiency.
- SciosTest™ –A comprehensive set of world class test and support soltutions to ensure mission success and warfighter safety.
- SciosLive™ – Live, virtual and constructive training environments using augmented/virtually reality to deliver state-of-the-art training.
- SciosReady™ – Turn-key solutions for performance-based training programs that meet evolving demands for customers around the globe and provide the shortest path to learning.
Source: Lockheed Martin