DoD releases SBIR 21.3 BAA
On August 27, the Department of Defense (DoD) issued the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program SBIR 21.3 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA). Proposals are due by 12:00 p.m. Eastern on October 21.
Participating DoD Components:
- Department of Army (Army)
- Department of Navy (Navy)
- Chemical and Biological Defense (CBD)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Office of the Secretary of Defense – Joint Service Small Arms Program (OSD – JSSAP)
- Strategic Capabilities Office (SCO)
- United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
Deadline for Receipt: Complete proposals must be certified and submitted in DSIP no later than 12:00 PM ET on October 21, 2021. Proposals submitted after 12:00 p.m. ET will not be evaluated. The final proposal submission includes successful completion of all firm level forms, all required volumes, and electronic corporate official certification. Please plan to submit proposals as early as possible in order to avoid unexpected delays due to high volume of traffic during the final hours before the BAA close. DoD is not responsible for missed proposal submission due to system latency.
Classified proposals will not be accepted under the DoD SBIR Program.
This BAA and the Defense SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal (DSIP) sites are designed to reduce the time and cost required to prepare a formal proposal. DSIP is the official portal for DoD SBIR/STTR proposal submission. Proposers are required to submit proposals via DSIP; proposals submitted by any other means will be disregarded. Proposers submitting through this site for the first time will be asked to register. Firms are required to register for a Login.gov account and link it to their DSIP account. See section 4.14 for more information regarding registration.