DIA awards five mentor protégé program agreements
The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) announced on January 3 that it awarded five new Mentor Protégé Program (MPP) Agreements December 1, 2017 to the following mentors and protégés:
- Mentor: Cyberspace Solutions, LLC/Protégé: Preting Consulting, LLC.
- Mentor: General Dynamics Information Technology/Protégé:Bluehawk, LLC
- Mentor:Global Resources Solutions, Inc./Protégé: Advanced Decision Vectors, LLC
- Mentor:Global Resource Solutions, Inc./Protégé: Reveal Global Consulting, LLC
- Mentor:ManTech International Corp./Protégé: Assured Consulting Solutions, LLC
Each agreement is for a period of three years. Ordering periods for new agreements are anticipated to occur in the first and third quarter of each fiscal year.
The work focus of these five awards includes: Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation (CDM); Data Collection and Analysis; Cyber Range; Program Protection; Insider Threat; Preventing Strategic Surprises; New Analysis Technologies and Methods; Intelligence Collections; Improving Mission Support Capabilities; Enhancing Counterintelligence and Security; New Analysis Technologies, Methods and Intelligence Collections; and Mission Enhancing Science & Technology.
The Department of Defense Mentor-Protégé Program was established in November 1990 to respond to concerns raised by DoD prime contractors that many Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDBs) did not possess the technical capabilities to perform DoD subcontract requirements, making it difficult for large prime contractors to achieve their SDB subcontracting goals. The program provides incentives for DoD contractors to assist protégé firms in enhancing their capabilities and increases participation of such firms in Government and commercial contracts.