DAF releases GS&S 2.0 RFP
On April 17, the U.S. Air Force posted the request for proposals (RFP) for Geospatial Support and Services (GS&S) 2.0. Questions are due by 12:00 p.m. Eastern on May 12. Proposals are due by 12:00 p.m. Eastern on June 16, according to SAM.gov.
The Department of the Air Force (DAF) Installation Contracting Center (AFICC) at Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, is announcing release of the Request for Proposal (RFP) FA8003-23-R-0003. This solicitation will serve to acquire DAF Geospatial Support & Services (GS&S) supporting all DAF geospatial service requirements.
The purpose of this requirement is to facilitate consistent, aligned, and unified geospatial support services for improved shared situational awareness and decision making across the various echelons of military hierarchy including individual unit level (e.g., squadron), installation level, and management headquarters level and employment of Agile Development and/or Agile program management tools, techniques, and processes. Support may include technical assistance at Headquarters Air Force, Major Commands (MAJCOM), Centers, Field Operating Agencies, Numbered Air Forces (NAFs), Main Operating Bases (MOBs) and reach-back support to forward deployed military personnel at Forward Operating Locations (FOLs) as well as a surge capability to quickly respond to wartime, contingencies and manmade or natural disasters.
The nature of this work will, at times, demand the contractor be capable of quick response deadlines. Each individual requirement is to specifically address tasks, project scheduling, and other related performance criteria as necessary. Research data-points attempted to align with these specific geospatial centered needs in the form of twelve core tasks which included:
- Task 1: DAF Geospatial Agency Program Management and/or Geospatial Program Office Operations Support (FFP)
- Task 2: Requirements Elicitation (Collection, Development, Analysis, and Synthesis) (FFP)
- Task 3: Geospatial Strategic Support (FFP)
- Task 4: Communications, Education, and Training Support (FFP)
- Task 5: Geospatial Data (FFP, T&M, FFP LOE)
- Task 6: Geospatial Analysis and Data Presentation Support (FFP)
- Task 7: Geospatial IT System Support and Management (FFP)
- Task 8: System Assessment and Authorization (FFP)
- Task 9: IT Portfolio Management Activities (FFP)
- Task 10: Application Development, Modernization, and Sustainment (FFP, T&M, FFP LOE)
- Task 11: Helpdesk Services and Customer Support Services (FFP)
- Task 12: Surge/Contingency Support (FFP, T&M, FFP LOE)
Review the full DAF GS&S 2.0 RFP.
The right opportunity can be worth millions. Don’t miss out on the latest IC-focused RFI, BAA, industry day, and RFP information – subscribe to IC News today.