Boundless announces partnership with Mapbox
New York, NY-based Boundless announced on July 12 a strategic partnership with Mapbox, the leading location data and mapping platform for developers. Through this partnership, Boundless customers can now access high-quality Mapbox basemaps within the Boundless Connect ecosystem.
“This announcement signifies the massive growth and capabilities of Boundless Connect and accelerates the movement towards open GIS software and developer tools by expanding access to important content like Mapbox’s datasets and gorgeous maps,” said Andy Dearing, CEO of Boundless. “Partnering with Mapbox has been phenomenal and will only add value to our users. Making this data and content easily accessible through the Boundless ecosystem allows for significant productivity gains and unparalleled flexibility to our customers.”
Today, Boundless Desktop users can access this content through the Boundless Connect plugin. Mapbox content is also accessible through Boundless Suite and Exchange subscriptions. These basemaps include:
- Mapbox Streets:A comprehensive, general-purpose basemap used for styling transit networks
- Mapbox Outdoors:A basemap with curated tilesets and specialized styling tailored for adventurous use cases such as hiking or biking
- Mapbox Light & Dark:A subtle, full-featured basemap that provides geographic context while highlighting data
- Mapbox Satellite: A full global basemap, perfect as a blank canvas or overlay
- Mapbox Satellite Streets: Combines Mapbox Satellite with vector data from Mapbox Streets, providing a comprehensive set of road, label and POI information; bringing greater clarity and context to the crisp detail in high-resolution satellite imagery
- Additional premium services for routing, geocoding and more will be available in the near future.
“This partnership just makes sense. Mapbox and Boundless share a mission: helping developers build amazing applications that change the way people move and understand their world,” said Matt Irwin, head of strategic partnerships at Mapbox. “Boundless’s open, flexible platform pairs perfectly with Mapbox’s live-updating, customizable maps. The Boundless community now has tools and content, all in one place. We’re excited to see what they build!”