Army posts MSSPIX 22 technology call
On February 17, the U.S. Army posted a technology call for MSSPIX 22. Responses are due by 4:00 p.m. Central on May 31.
In accordance with the ALPA FY 20/21/22 Planning Guidance, the Maneuver Support Center of Excellence (MSCoE) and Sustainment Center of Excellence (SCoE) will host MSSPIX 2022 to examine Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) capabilities and concepts designed to address experiment objectives for Maneuver Support, Sustainment and Protection. Defeating capable enemies in the future requires Army maneuver forces enabled by Maneuver Support and Sustainment equities in all five domains – Land, Air, Cyberspace, Space and Maritime.
A list of Experiment Objectives follows. See SAM posting for more information regarding desired capabilities associated with each experiment objectives.
- Objective 1: Assess potential material and non-material opportunities to better enable Maneuver Support and Protection contributions to Multi Domain Operations (MDO) Capable Army by 2028.
- Objective 2: Assess potential material and non-material opportunities to better enable Sustainment contributions to MDO Capable Army by 2028.
- Objective 3: Better enable MDO forces to understand the operational environment. This includes application of the Synthetic Training Environments (STE) to prepare maneuver support, sustainment, and protection forces for MDO (linkage to STE CFT).
- Objective 4: Assess potential application of robotic/ autonomous systems and artificial intelligence to better enable Maneuver Support, Sustainment and Protection contributions to MDO Capable Army by 2028. Included under this objective are edge processing for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) and block chain and the prioritization data analytics. Both of these efforts supports the Network CFT.
- Objective 5: Assess the validity of reasonably mature Operational and Organizational (O&O) Concepts that enable MDO Capable and Ready force development for Maneuver Support, Sustainment and Protection formations.
Full information is available here.