Army ISC seeks sources for Distributed PED Converged Infrastructure Integration
On April 9, the Army Contracting Command posted the following sources sought notice (Solicitation Number: W15QKN15R0105) for Distributed PED Converged Infrastructure Integration Services. Responses are due April 17.
The United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) requires support to integrate and implement upgraded capabilities within the current DPED-CI fielded capability, and address updated systems accreditation and systems operations and maintenance requirements.
In support of mission requirements led by US Army G-2 and the Commanding General US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), the INSCOM G-7 organization (formerly G-3 FM) has led the systems integration effort targeted at providing data processing and networking capabilities for the 116th MI Brigade located at Fort Gordon, GA. Collectively, this project led by INSCOM G-7 is referred to as the DPED Converged Infrastructure (DPED-CI).
The core attributes of the DPED-CI effort have included the following:
- Integration of existing Army compute, network, storage, and software assets to enable a secure private cloud computing capability;
- Integration of existing Army compute, network, storage, and software assets to enable a secure, high-performance virtual desktop capability;
- Implementation of process automation capabilities for deploying the DCGS-A mission software stack;
- Implementation of a comprehensive log aggregation capability for systems administration and security;
- Accreditation of the aggregate DPED-CI capabilities to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO) certificates on SIPRNet and JWICS;
- Documentation of DPED-CI capabilities for ongoing operations and sustainment;
- Tier 3/4 sustainment and support activities to onboard additional Army Units into the DPED-CI environment.
INSCOM G-7 seeks contractor support to integrate and implement upgraded capabilities within the current DPED-CI fielded capability, and to also address updated systems accreditation and systems operations and maintenance (O&M) requirements. The primary tasks associated with this effort include:
- Upgrade the current Government-owned VMware ESX and vCloud software to version 6.x providing secure private cloud capabilities.
- Upgrade the current Government-owned VMware Horizon View and Raytheon TTC software platforms providing secure, high-performance virtual desktop capabilities.
- Update Splunk v5.x to Splunk v6.x and integrated and accredit the Splunk software within the updated DPED-CI private cloud and virtual desktop environments.
- Update the software deployment automations for the DCGS-A v3.1.7.x platform to integrate and operate within the upgraded private cloud environment.
- Provide security hardening and updated accreditation documentation for all upgraded software to successfully achieve ATOs for SIPRNet and JWICS.
- Update all DPED-CI systems documentation to reflect the updated software versions and capabilities.
- Provide additional systems integration, test, security accreditation, and documentation for other Government-Owned COTS and GOTS software within the updated DPED-CI environment.
- Provide Tier 3/4 sustainment and support activities to onboard additional Army Units into the DPED-CI environment.
Full information is available here.