AFRL opens new ELINT BAA
On August 31, the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) released a new broad agency announcement (BAA) for electronic intelligence information exploitation.
This announcement is for an Open, 2 Step BAA which is open and effective until 30 Sep 2025. Only white papers will be accepted as initial submissions; formal proposals will be accepted by invitation only. While white papers will be considered if received prior to 1400 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 30 Sep 2025, the following submission date is suggested to best align with projected funding: FY21 by 30 Sep 2020.
The overall technical objectives of this BAA are to employ existing and emerging technologies to develop and demonstrate automated, real-time signal detection, processing, exploitation, and reporting capabilities of existing and emerging Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) signals in support of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms. Technology applications include, but are not limited to:
- The enhancement of ELINT signal processing software and hardware to address the increased complexity and volume of the ELINT battlespace
- The enhancement of collection system efficiency for single and multi-platform collection optimization and management
- The development of technology for the detection and exploitation of emerging ELINT signals and systems
- The enhancement of effectiveness of databases that use existing multi-source, multi-platform, real-time collection systems
- The development of capabilities to improve the timeliness and accuracy of post-mission ELINT intercept processing in support of analysis enhancements
This BAA is a follow-on to BAA FA8750-18-S-7015 entitled Electronic Intelligence Information Exploitation.
Full information is available here.