US Marine Corps seeks intelligence data engineering training
On November 19, the U.S. Marine Corps posted a sources sought notice for intelligence data engineering training. Responses are due by 4:00 p.m. Eastern on December 20.
United States Marine Corps Training and Education Command is seeking information for potential sources for academic support services in order to train intelligence data engineers. This training will educate Marines in modern methods such as the use of data engineering and analytics and machine and deep learning tools for conflating, coalescing, and extrapolating data.
A contract does not exist however, there is a pilot program currently being conducted within the Northern Virginia / MCB Quantico, VA area that will conclude in May 2020.
TECOM requires an academic institution to have facilities and educational training readily available and viable to execute training immediately that covers the following:
- Software design using both structured programming and object-oriented programming concepts where students will use pseudo-code, flow charts, design tools and unified modeling language.
- Introduces the concepts of machine learning, feature engineering and artificial intelligence where the content draws from case studies and applications within given areas of interests.
- Provide a comprehensive foundation sufficient for a student to write Python programs in order to meet the minimum programming goals of the Marine Corps.
- Introduces the cloud-computing environment and various services offered.
- Linux operating system focusing on installation, configuration, and administration of it and emphasizes the use of Linux as a network client and work station.
- A comprehensive foundation sufficient for a Marine to write American National Standards Institute/International Organization for Standardization (ANSI/ISO) Structure Query Language (SQL) statements to access a relational database.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to database management. It must define essential database terms and concepts and emphasize on the design, development and use of a relational database. Marines must learn the basics of drawing an Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD) to represent user requirements, transform the ERD to a normalized relational design, and then use SQL to implement and work with the database.
- Provide training to build the necessary abilities in probability and statistics to understand the results of statistical studies and to perform descriptive and basic inferential statistical studies within Marine Corps areas of interests.
- Provide a comprehensive introduction to data analytics and its processes.
- An in depth understanding of advanced machine learning that builds upon the concepts identified above.
Full information is available here.