NGA releases RFI looking for help managing enterprise software requirements
The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency’s Software Asset Management Program Office has issued a request for information for Enterprise Software Procurement (Solicitation Number: HM157516T0054). White papers are due no later than 5:00 pm CT on October 14.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) in support of the Software Asset Management Program Office is seeking information on how an interested contractor could help manage NGA’s software requirements. Currently, NGA contracts individually for software from over 200 software manufacturers and software resellers. Software manufacturers and resellers may include but are not limited to the ones listed in Attachment A of this Request For Information (RFI). NGA is looking for solutions to streamline the purchasing, managing, and tracking of these software requirements. Software requirement may include the purchase of maintenance for existing NGA owned licenses as well as new licenses of current or new brands. Software asset management services may include:
- Purchasing required software and maintenance renewals
- Tracking renewal dates for software licenses maintained or procured under this contract vehicle
- Providing access to software binaries, the licenses, and maintenance renewals, information and their artifacts
- Applying NGA specific contract terms and conditions to all software licenses and maintenance purchased
- Co-terminate subsequent software manufacturer purchases, whenever feasible
The purpose of this RFI is to gain information on current industry practices that would meet NGA’s requirements.
Full information is available here.