Navy seeks help with expeditionary ISR science & tech
On June 19, the Office of Naval Research added the following broad agency announcement (BAA) for expeditionary ISR science and technology (Solicitation Number: N00014-15-R-BA010). Responses are due no later than 3:00pm Eastern on August 28, according to FedBizOpps.
The opportunity presented by this BAA is to perform research that enables improvement to expeditionary Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities that are applicable to both amphibious and irregular warfare.
The opportunity described in this BAA is focused on the following development areas that the ISR Enabling Capability has identified as critical shortcomings in tactical expeditionary ISR:
• Advanced query capabilities against NoSQL data stores
• Network statistics on rich graphs
• Conventional analysis of open source data including complex event recognition
• Transform and opportunistic learning from open source
• Actionable empirical models of factional dynamics
• Level 1 and level 2 fusion applied to complex graphs
• Calculations of cost functions for predictions from embedded data
• Complex event detection conditioned by entity pedigree
• Knowledge based workflow management
• Civil Information Exploitation
This BAA is intended for proposals related to basic research, applied research, or advanced technology development. Basic research proposals should offer high innovative approaches having the promise to enable a revolutionary capability. Applied research and advance technology development offerings should focus on showing that a capability is technically feasible and operationally relevant and be oriented toward rapid maturation, demonstration, and transition.
Full information is available here.