National Ground Intelligence Center prepares to release ERADS Submillimeter Wave Radar Signature Support RFP
On May 24, the U.S. Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) released a presolicitation notice for Expert Radar Signature Solutions (ERADS), Submillimeter Wave Radar Signature Support services (Solicitation Number: W911W5-16-R- 0010). The agency anticipates releasing the solicitation on or about June 20. Questions are due by June 8.
This synopsis is issued by the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) solely for informational purposes in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 5.2, Synopses of Proposed Contract Actions. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a guarantee to issue a formal solicitation. The primary purpose of this notice is to increase competition, broaden industry participation, and assist small business concerns in obtaining contracts and subcontracts. If a formal solicitation is released, it will be publicized via Federal Business Opportunities website (https: //www.fbo.gov). It is the responsibility of the interested party to monitor these websites for any information that may pertain to this synopsis. The information provided in this synopsis is subject to change and shall not be interpreted as binding on the Government in any way.
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, administration, tools, materials, supervision, other required items, and non-personal services necessary to perform the SMM-Wave Radar Signature Support as defined in this Performance Work Statement (PWS) except for those items specified as Government Furnished Property and services.
The Contractor shall provide capability statements that include, but not be limited to, demonstration of past success in the areas of contract management, administration, fiscal responsibility, qualified personnel, OPSEC operations, and having qualified secure classified facilities. Sources must be able to perform work at the Secret//Sensitive Compartmented Information level, and must comply with security requirements as set forth in the Contract Security Classification Specification (DD Form 254).
The objectives of the ERADS Program support required are as follows:
– To provide information/analysis/reports/recommendations from investigations, studies, reviews, and participation in conferences and meetings in order to maintain a state‑of‑the‑art level of expertise in all scientific, engineering, and technology areas related to SMM wave transceiver radar and compact range applications/facilities and understanding of operational and emerging radar systems. Utilizing this expertise, the Contractor shall maintain/provide a state-of-the-art capability in the areas of operational SMM wave radars and related sub-systems, including compatible software capability, in dedicated SMM Wave Government and Contractor facilities, including for Government furnished property (GFP). Provide ERADS Program compatible improvements/upgrades for this equipment and facilities such as long term, stable; solid state and laser based THz transceivers and associated sub-systems, optics and optical components, free space pylon type and ground plane type scaled target stages, calibration objects, anechoic and dielectric materials and data acquisition, processing and display systems
– To provide ERADS Project technical support for the design, fabrication, and delivery of Government specified new and replacement THz/SMM Wave spectrum compatible solid state, laser based, and other related technologies transceiver radars and compact range components/equipment for replacing or establishing improved capabilities in existing or new NGIC or Contractor compact range facilities.
– To investigate, characterize, fabricate and provide a variety of customized properly scaled, following the principles of electrodynamic similitude, non-metallic materials, anechoics, and special subsystems for use in constructing high precision multiple scale factor target models, other man-made objects, simulated terrain ground planes, foliage, other background/clutter type objects, compact range chambers and THz/SMM wave radar components.
– To provide NGIC ERADS Program and other DOD elements support in designing, fabricating, delivering, maintaining unique, precise detailed, high fidelity, scaled model targets of vehicles, other man-made, and natural objects as designated by the Government. Both non-mechanized and fully mechanized scaled model targets shall be produced. Major vehicle components, such as rotors, wheels, turrets, radars, and principle weapon systems shall be articulable and be able to be locked into position for data collections from different target configurations. All model targets shall have ERADS Program compact range pylon/ground plane compatible mounting fixtures integral to the finished product.
-To provide NGIC and other DOD elements support in collecting, measuring, acquiring, and pre-processing of radar signature data/information from Government provided scaled model targets in THz/SMM-wave compact ranges in full electrodynamic similitude conditions for producing common radar band data/signatures/products. The Contractor shall maintain compatibility with existing ERADS Program data collection and archive capabilities.
– To provide NGIC and other DOD elements support in investigating operational radar system’s data/signature requirements and in analyzing, exploiting, evaluating, comparing, and uniquely displaying required processed radar signature information. Emphasis shall be placed on data sets obtained from THz /SSM-Wave compact radar ranges and customized fabricated scaled model targets. Detailed correlations or comparisons between data sets from multiple RCS sources shall be completed, analyzed and reported while maintaining compatibility with existing ERADS Program processing capabilities.
Full information is available here.