Army INSCOM posts synopsis for ERADS program
On May 1, the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command posted the following synopsis for Expert Radar Signature Solutions (ERADS), SMM Wave Device/System Technical Assistance, Fabrication and Support (W911W5-16-R-0009). Questions are due via email no later than 3:00pm Eastern Time on May 6. The solicitation is expected to be released on or about May 23.
THIS IS A PRESOLICITATION NOTICE. This presolicitation notice, in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 5.204, issued by the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) to announce the intention to issue Request for Proposal (RFP) for Expert Radar Signature Solutions (ERADS) Support services.
This synopsis is issued by the National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) solely for informational purposes in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 5.2, Synopses of Proposed Contract Actions. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a guarantee to issue a formal solicitation. The primary purpose of this notice is to increase competition, broaden industry participation, and assist small business concerns in obtaining contracts and subcontracts. If a formal solicitation is released, it will be publicized via Federal Business Opportunities website (https: //www.fbo.gov). It is the responsibility of the interested party to monitor these websites for any information that may pertain to this synopsis. The information provided in this synopsis is subject to change and shall not be interpreted as binding on the Government in any way.
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, administration, tools, materials, supervision, other required items, and non-personal services necessary to perform the SMM-Wave Device/System Technical Assistance, Fabrication and Support as defined in this Performance Work Statement (PWS) except for those items specified as Government Furnished Property and services. Facilities and equipment such as: on-wafer THz probe stations, SMM flexible sources, device bonding chamber, silicon membrane production system, micro-machining fabrication capability, semiconductor and superconductor deposition systems, electroplating systems, and Microfabrication/Clean Room facilities are required for SMM wave device fabrication and processing diagnostics. The contractor shall perform to the standards in this contract, preparing technical, administrative, progress, and status reports for review and dissemination by the Government along with other deliverables as defined in this PWS and in the attached CDRLs, DD Form 1423.
The objective of the ERADS program is as follows:
– Maintain a state–of-art competence in all technical areas required for ERADS THz/SMM-Wave/FIR radar and radar range facilities applications, advise NGIC ERADS Project on promising technologies, and make recommendations of technologies to pursue.
– Provide ERADS Project technical assistance in installing, maintaining, and upgrading compatible SMM-Wave devices, components, systems, for THz transceiver radar systems and compact radar range mechanical systems.
– Design, produce, fabricate compatible custom Schottky barrier quasi-vertical stacked, conventional and membrane planar, and related resistive/varactor diodes, components, modules, and detectors/receivers or sources for use in ERADS Program transceiver radar systems*.
– Fabricate and maintain a stock of compatible diodes and components.
– Perform characterizations of SMM-Wave devices/components/systems with custom THz calibration instrumentation equipment.
– Design, produce, and fabricate custom superconducting junctions/devices, such as SIS and HEB, for use in ERADS Project transceiver test bed radar systems.
– Design, produce, fabricate and operate other promising solid state or customized technical components for use as GHz-THz tunable milliwatt power sources and receivers for use in ERADS Project transceiver test bed radar systems.
– Design, produce, fabricate and operate specific one-of-a-kind THz spectrum transceiver mechanical and micro electro-mechanical components for use in ERADS Project transceiver test bed radar systems.
* NGIC ERADS project transceiver radars use fast–switching frequency synthesizers to drive custom designed Schottky type diode multiplier chains to generate the required output radar frequencies and bandwidths in the 100 GHz through 700 GHz range, or using a CO2-FIR laser based source driving Schottky type diodes as side band generators to produce the required radar frequencies and bandwidths in the 350 GHz through 3.0 THz range. In addition to the diodes, associated items such as custom mounting hardware, integrated circuits, and bias electronics are integral to these transceivers. See definitions section 2.1 for additional information.
Full information is available here.