Army CECOM prepares to issue RFP
On September 12, the U.S. Army Contracting Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) notice that it intends to issue a solicitation for Information Technology support services for the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM). The RFP will be issued on or about September 26.
The U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) and Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) team at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD is comprised of independent and interdependent organizations that are collectively responsible for the life cycle of C4ISR systems. These organizations include the Communication Electronic Command (CECOM), the Program Executive Office for Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T), the PEO for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors (PEO IEWS), the Program Executive Office for System of System Engineering & Integration Systems (PEO So SE&I) and the Communications Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC).
The CECOM is comprised of two (2) functional support centers: the Logistics and Readiness Center (LRC), and the Software Engineering Center (SEC), as well as three (3) separate brigade elements: Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, PA; the U.S. Army Information Systems Engineering Command (USAISEC), Fort Huachuca, AZ.; the Central Technical Support Facility (CTSF), Fort Hood, Texas; and its two (2)partner PEOs for Command, Control and Communications Tactical and for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors. The CECOM and C4ISR campus, APG, MD is comprised of fourteen (14) buildings totaling 2.5M square feet.
This acquisition is for services under the following functional area requirements:
1) Facility Lobby Receptionist – Receptionist shall be responsible for use of a computerized Access Control application to verify guests and monitor access to buildings.
2) Access Control, Software & Hardware Support – Technical and system administration support of IT Hardware and Software enabled System which controls access to C4ISR campus buildings. System shall be monitored and maintained daily.
3) Enhanced Automated Data Processing (ADP) – Command, Control, Communication, Computers and Information Management (C4IM) enhanced or above baseline service delivery and support for automation, communications systems & systems support, and information assurance services (e.g. VTC operators, desktop technician, system administration services, and SharePoint development capabilities).
4) 5Bars Service, Support and Wireless Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPR) Connectivity – Inbuilding cellular service enhancement, cellular repeater system maintenance and technical support, and set up/maintenance of a Wireless Non-Secure Router Network.
5) ADP Equipment (ADPE) Maintenance & Repair – Hardware maintenance, repair services, parts replacement and support services for out-of-warranty Government-owned ADP equipment and peripherals.
6) IT Relocation and Rigger Support Services – Support services for physical relocation and provisioning, operational fit-up and reconstitution, and decommission and disposal of IT.
Full information is available here.